Writing as Explained by Futurama
Futurama is definitely one of my favorite shows of all time, so I thought it would be fun to use Futurama quotes to explain the writing process!
1. Inspiration strikes! You've got an idea and you're ready to put pen to paper!
2. The idea begins to take shape! You share it with everyone you know because you're so excited!
3. You try to write it down, only to realize writing is a lot harder than you thought.
4. You try to put your idea into an outline, because maybe that will somehow magically make the actual writing easier. Also, you need to fill in plot holes because pirate babies didn't magically just appear. Or did they...?
5. You start to realize writing is a lot harder than you thought it would be. You give yourself a pep talk.
6. You've finally got your idea started on paper, but then you pick up a book at the book store and start spiraling because how could you even compete with that bestseller???
7. You decide that it's time to rework your idea. There has to be a better one somewhere in the mess you've cobbled together.
8. You finally decide that your idea is garbage, you'll have to start over, and that you'd rather write about flying space cows anyway.